Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ahh Amsterdam

This is a Red Door

Rembrandt Corner

Legs

Ahh Amsterdam





Down the road from the Hans Binker Hotel where I stayed


This Dude was seen by the Van Gogh

Is that the glow of the purple dude?


Red 1
Red 2

Oops forgot to move.
What I have realise that red is a prominate colour in this city

"WATCH OUT FOR THE MAD GIRL ON THE BIKE DUDE"


Hmm? I wonder what state this artist was in when they carved those?

There must be a Cafe down here?

Well after a long night I emerged from the covers around 10 had breakfast and headed down the road to Mac Bikes where I hired a pushbike for 12eros. It was much a relief after beating the footpath the day before. Now I have not been on a pushbike for some time and after a stint in the country then back into Amsterdam my arse was feeling it. I came to the conclusion that most people in Amsterdam had hard arses. Maybe thats where the saying of "hard arse" came from. Well it was fun and I made it back for a second round of happy hour at the Hotel. So same again this time drinking with some Ausses and some dudes from UK. That night I headed back out into the night with the UK dudes and hit the bars ended up watching a cover band which sounded quite good I think. Well on the way back to the Hotel later on I got lost again. Yeap you wouldn't believe it. This time in a totally different part of the city. Well the rest was history and somewhat a blur and I was glad to make it back to have what little sleep I can have until I needed to wake up and head to the airport.
Boats

Classic Windmill spotted while I was biking about.

This one is self explained

Well that was just a snippet of Amsterdam. I had a great time and it had taken 3 day to recover from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment